On the morning of Thursday, May 16, city officials and project executives, including Mayor Kate Gallego, Downtown Phoenix Inc., PMG, X Social Communities, UEB Builders, Shepley Bulfinch and Fitzgerald Associates Architects, celebrated the groundbreaking of X Phoenix.
The $100M, 18-story mixed-use X Phoenix building will be the city’s first “co-housing” project and is the first high-rise on Van Buren west of First Avenue since City Hall was built in 1995.
A co-working space, a dog run with a view and a 1,000-square-foot hot tub are just a few of the fabulous amenities being built into X Phoenix, an 18-story apartment, retail and office project scheduled to break ground in downtown Phoenix this month.
This two-phase project is part of PMG’s “X Social Communities” brand of apartments (XSC). XSC residents can choose to rent their own apartment furnished or unfurnished, or participate in the Rent By Bedroom program to get a private bedroom and bathroom in a furnished suite with roommates.
The first phase will consist of:
· 253 residential units consisting of studios, one, two, three, and four bedroom apts.
· 36,000 square feet of office and retail space
· 612 office, retail and residential parking spaces, and 200 secured bike parking spaces
Residential amenities include:
· 1,000-square-foot hot tub and a 4,000-square-foot pool
· Grilling and entertainment deck
· Elevated outdoor green space and theater with city views
· 4,500-square-foot co-working space, free to residents
· City view dog run
· 8,000-square-foot modern fitness center and yoga studio