ADOLFSON & PETERSON CONSTRUCTION EXPANDS LOCAL TEAM TO MEET THE SOUTHWEST REGION’S ROBUST GROWTH
Adolfson & Peterson Construction (AP), a national, family-owned construction management and contracting company, is expanding its Southwest office to meet rapid construction industry growth in the Southwest region.
“With Arizona construction employment expected to increase by 5.6% in the next two years, we carefully selected a strong team of construction professionals to uphold and strengthen our team to answer the industry’s growing demand,” said Rob Cortazzo, regional president of AP Southwest. “We’ve elevated some of the talented leaders within our team and added new talent to respond to market and client needs and accelerate our growth.”
Five individuals were hired to the team to help meet the increasing demand of construction employment. These following professionals bring impressive experience and fresh perspectives that compliment AP’s strides to expand:
· Molly Ahrens was hired as a Marketing Manager and will lead the creation of marketing materials, proposal and collateral materials, and marketing and communication copy for customer awareness and educational programs.
· Jason Axtell was hired as a Project Manager and works with project superintendents to lead projects up to $15 million. Axtell joins the Southwest team following his work with AP’s Gulf States region.
· Kristie Breeden was hired as a Project Manager II with more than 20 years of experience working in commercial, multi-family and residential construction. She will now manage projects, trade contractors and suppliers for projects up to $50 million.
· Cristian Gutierrez was hired as a Project Manager and supports project superintendents by overseeing projects and coordinating project partners to successfully complete projects up to $15 million.
· Mike Tompkins was hired as a Senior Superintendent and brings 45 years of diverse industry experience to the company. Tompkins will lead field operations, site safety and project partner coordination while providing functional and regional expertise to the AP team.
In addition to AP’s external hires, the following seven key team members were promoted to cultivate leadership and to support area clients as projects continue to ramp up:
· Zac Byard was promoted to Senior Superintendent following 11 years with the company. Byard will work alongside project managers to lead project teams and provide senior-level direction and construction oversight.
· Vince Castillo was promoted to Senior Project Manager and will apply 15 years of experience to successfully oversee multiple projects from groundbreaking to opening.
· Caleb Frost was promoted to Assistant Project Manager following his role as a Project Engineer for AP. He will support day-to-day activities for the project manager and superintendent while managing all project elements.
· Jonathon Harper was promoted to Assistant Project Manager and now works closely with field superintendents to review and prepare project materials and maintain close relationships with project partners.
· Steve Reamer has been promoted to Assistant Project Manager with three decades of experience and now supports the project manager and superintendent in day-to-day management activities while maintaining the daily organization and control of project elements.
· Kelly Salvione was promoted to Director of Project Operations and will be responsible for supporting project teams, ensuring project requirements are met, and improving and developing business operations.
· Joel Splinter has been promoted to Quality Control Manager and will leverage 30 years of industry experience to support the implementation of the quality assurance and quality control programs at AP’s project sites.
AP has maintained an office in Phoenix for more than 30 years and recently strengthened its Southwest region leadership team, including the appointments of Regional President Rob Cortazzo, Vice President of Operations Scott Salyer, Director of Business Development Mark Mitchell, and Marketing Director Amara Boesch. AP Southwest is involved in a variety of local industrial, health care and K-12 education projects for clients such as Honeywell, Reunion Rehabilitation Hospital, United Surgical Partners Inc., Candeo Schools, Higley Unified School District, Douglas Unified School District and the Leona Group.